Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 28, 2008 Punta Hermosa Peru

Christmas was great and thank you everyone for your warm wishes! We arrived to day in Punta Hermosa a small beach town a little south of Lima. We skipped Lima due to big city burnout and to give Ricardo a break from the hectic traffic in said big cities. Driving has been the name of the game for the past two days as we are trying our best to be near Cusco for the new year festivities. I can't wait to see Machu Pichu I currently dream about it on a regular basis. 
So here is some thoughts on Peru thus far...there is some much sand here the desert was cool for the first hour but really the mountainous dunes get boring after awhile. The roads are well kept and Paris is thankful after the trecherous potholed piecemeal ashphalt called roads in Ecuador. We are however spending every bit of money on gas in the country it is the most expensive of the trip this far and since Peru is a fairly big country near the end of our trip our pocket books are feeling a little light:( However the food here is cheap and we've been devouring the ceviche (which they spell cebiche) when ever possible.  Our addiction to ice cream has become a daily quest. they actually have a nice chocolate ice cream called "Sublime" here which quite accurately describes how I feel while eating my ice cream looking out the passenger side window....then when it's gone I want more and I think about until the next day - IT IS AN ADDICTION! (and I've dragged Ricardo down with me:)
I have also noticed that I have terrible mood swings regarding the amount of garbage lining the highways in the countries we have visited, except for Costa Rica which wasn't to bad. I swing back and forth between angry and infuriation. The amount of plastic garbage bags that are thrown out the window probably more than triples the amount of human beings living in Canada I am quite serious so PLEASE, PLEASE don't forget your cloth bags next time you go to the grocery store we are up against some serious polluters down here!


No comments: