Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mancora Peru December 24, 2008

Today is Christmas Eve and we treated ourselves to a nice little hotel beach front with a spectacular little pool.
We've picked up all our necessary items (Baileys and wine) and the chef is planning the turkey roast for the guests, about 9 (Canadian, French, Peruvian). When we arrived yesterday both Ricardo and I commented on how relaxed we felt at this place so no doubt it will be a good Christmas as lately we are feeling the wrath of the road travel and two nights in one place will be a extra special comfort. 

Contemplating on Christmas away from home always makes me a little home sick but this time I am really enjoying the lack of Christmas buzz and feeling rather detached from the whole process. Maybe I'm starting to really understand what Christmas is about since I really only miss the people aspect. Particularly the part when we all look around at each other in the morning on the 25th in our PJs and laugh at how tired we all look while reaching for our coffees and hot crossaints. 

Alas while our family is spread all over the globe (Canada, Chile, Indonesia and here in Peru) I find myself wondering if it's possible to ever be all together for Christmas one year? 

I'll settle for the thought that we are all connected in this universe and send out my positive energy and label it Christmas cheer:)




Feliz Navidad and Merry Christmas everyone one in the universe!

7 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Hey am I allowed to comment here? Those were beautiful words Kim, glad and fortunate to bespending it with you. R

Unknown said...

Thanks for that Kim, There is "Christmas cheer" heading your direction as well! All the best, Merry Christmas both of you!

Unknown said...

Scott and I spent a Christmas morning in our 14 foot trailer in a grungy parking lot in downtowm Vegas one year... It was kinda neat to escape the hussle and bussle of the usual holidays. We woke up in the morning, exchange our few gifts that we had bought at Wal-Mart the afternoon before and, packed up the trailer and moved along. For some reason, I will always remember that Christmas with fond memories.

It sounds like you guys will be celebrating your Christmas in slightly more plush surroundings, but I hope that you also look back on it with fond memories in the years to come.

Merry Christmas to you both.

Kylie said...

Hello my cherubs! I'm feelin your vibe - thanks for the Christmas Cheer! Glad to read your Christmas feels special, even though it's a little different than usual. I'm sending back some sun and surf, love and hugs and Christmas connection cheer :) xoxoxoxox Kylie

Kimberlee said...

Thanks guys it's so nice to get messages from home (and abroad - Kylie!) especially this year:)

asha said...

Kimberlee & Ricardo: Christmas cheer and happy, prosperous, adventure-filled New Year!

Blisa said...

A slightly late Feliz Navidad to you both, and I look forward to reading about all your adventures in the new year! I think I'm living vicariously through you guys and this blog, if that's OK :)
Besos y abrasos,
Lisa