Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stationary in Santiago

Today I realized I am not traveling anymore! What a bummer:( 

Now I'm a resident (temporarily of course) of a country I can't yet speak the language well enough to get into conversations deeper than an immature 10 year - at least I've moved up from the 5 year old status I felt I earned in Costa Rica. So, I contemplated what this actually means to my life in the relatively near future and came to this shocking conclusion: not f@cking much. 

Let's see I came from a country born from immigrants and blossoming in multiculturalism - seems like I'm not the only person in the world going or gone through this type of experience. Ahhhhhhh perspective is a blessing some of the time.

On a good note I was kicked up into a more intermediate spanish class. Seems I've learned a thing or two in the last few months but I'm keeping my ego in check daily with the strange head-cocked confused looks I get when trying to actually use my spanish outside of the classroom. I am starting to understand Chileans don't speak caveman spanish and they actually expect me to use other tenses other than the present?!?! I like to live in the here and now why doesn't anyone understand that?

Entonces chicos, siempre considere perspectiva!

1 comment:

asha said...

Intermedio! Excelente. ¡Bravo!