Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catching up, Santiago February 18, 2009

OK I admit I've been very neglectful and after promising pictures to boot! Well I will upload some photos tomorrow so never fear my integrity has  not completely disintegrated. This past week has been a little busy and we've been enjoying the moments. I mean what else can you do right?

We took off from the smog infested city for valentines day and drove to the coast - our favorite little sleepy beach town called Maitencillo where we basked in the sun watching the brave dip their toes in the ice cold water caressing the sand. Mostly everyone IN the water had their wetsuits on. I have not succumb to putting my wetsuit on again, it's still too soon for me and I'm clinging to my fondest wetsuitless days riding the waves.....ahhhh to be back in Central America again.

I've been bumped up yet another spanish grade I can say I'm proud to be in class "2B". It feels like quite the accomplishment but I'm not so crazy about my new instructors they took the fun out of learning spanish and put the confusion back in?!?!

Ricardo still walks me to school every morning hand in hand and the other day he picked me up from school and we spent the day taking the Funicular up to cerro San Cristibal, we've been here before but after 6 years you can see how the city has grown and changed, and the Teleferico down which is like a ski gondola with great views although it is quite the sweat box when the temperature outside is over 30 degrees:(

When all is said and done at the end of the day I really have no excuses for not posting more regularly I'm just hoping you all love me enough to forgive me:)




No comments: