Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coming to an end February 28, 2009

I'm having difficulty starting this blog today - so I'll just spit it out....We're going home!

Ricardo and I are moving back to the Great White North, I'm leaving on Tuesday and Ricardo shortly afterwards. We haven't taken this decision lightly and we know we are letting down more than a few people who had plans to come and visit us down here in Chile but we got to do what we got to do and that's what we're doing.

My last week was luckily full of travel, family and friends here in Chile. A good reminder of how important people can be even when they live so far away. 

3 Things I'll miss about Chile
1. the ice cream (hands down latin america takes the cake in terms of ice cream - european gelato you've got nothing)
2. an overwhelming abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables for an insanely cheap price (just look around the grocery store to see where all the stuff comes from - CHILE!)
3. hearing and practicing spanish 

3 Things I won't miss about Chile
1. the smog (and I was told it is better in the summer than in the winter - too bad I won't get to experience the asthma like symptoms:()
2. hugging and kissing on the cheek to EVERYONE you meet (something in my north american made body does not want to get used to this invasion of my personal space) 
3. seeing the miserable lives of the numerous street dogs clinging to a undignified existence in this world (thank you Asha for opening my eyes a little more kindly all the living creatures in this world) I can't wait to get home and spend a day at the beach with my best four legged friend!

All in all I have to say this experience has been one of education and inspiration - I mean we actually did it we drove from Canada to Chile because we thought we could?!?!?! Maybe there is more to this world than meets the eye?

So this is it I'm not sure I'll write again maybe I'll start something different but at some point the journey's got to end - at least it was a great one!

With all my love to my friends and family



2 comments:

asha said...

Wow. I'm away a couple of weeks and blamo. You're on your way home. YOU AND RICARDO MUST STOP AND VISIT US IN NEVADA!!!!!

But sounds like you flew. You guys may be ready to return to the "Great White North" but I doubt Paris feels the same. And over time, I hope you fill in the details.

As for you seeing, "a little more kindly... dogs and all the living creatures in this world", if anything, all I did is remind you of what you already know. It's hard looking the world in the eye so I thank you. You are one of the kindest people I have ever met. That's a fact. So, please keep blogging. People like you make this world a lot easier to take. :)

Kimberlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.